Samsung Galaxy S10 Price in Kenya
The recommended retail price for Samsung Galaxy S10 in Kenya is around 61,000 shilling. Its features include 6.1 inches display, 3400 mAh battery, 128GB + 8GB RAM, IP68 dust/water resistance and a triple camera setup.
Samsung celebrates 10 years of its flagship Galaxy S with the Galaxy S10. This time with Galaxy S10 in the S10, the S10+, the S10e and the S10 5G (the very first 5G smartphone to be made). Read individual reviews I will do for all four units at Phone Place Kenya’s Official Website here. About the S10 which is the base version of the four, I will discuss in this article beginning now.
Features of the Samsung Galaxy S10
- Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- GSM, CDMA, HSPA, EVDO and LTE network technology
- Back glass (Gorilla Glass 5), aluminum frame
- – Samsung Pay (Visa, MasterCard certified)
– IP68 dust/water proof (up to 1.5m for 30 minutes)
- Dynamic AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- 6.1 inches, 93.2 cm2 (~88.3% screen-to-body ratio)
- 1440 x 3040 pixels, 19:9 ratio (~550 ppi density)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- – HDR10
– Always-on display
- Android 9.0 (Pie); One UI
- Chipset: Exynos 9820 Octa (8 nm) – EMEA
Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 (7 nm) – USA/LATAM, China
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.7 GHz Mongoose M4 & 2×2.3 GHz Cortex-A75 & 4×1.9 GHz Cortex-A55) – EMEA
Octa-core (1×2.8 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.4 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.7 GHz Kryo 485) – USA/LATAM, China
- GPU: Mali-G76 MP12 – EMEA
Adreno 640 – USA/LATAM, China
- 128/512 GB, 8 GB RAM
- -Micro SD, up to 512 GB (uses SIM 2 slot) – dual SIM model only
- Primary camera: 12 MP, f/1.5-2.4, 26mm (wide), 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS
12 MP, f/2.4, 52mm (telephoto), 1/3.6″, 1.0µm, AF, OIS, 2x optical zoom
16 MP, f/2.2, 12mm (ultra wide)
- 2160p@60fps, 1080p@240fps, 720p@960fps, HDR, dual-video rec.
- LED flash, auto-HDR, panorama
- Selfie camera: 10 MP, f/1.9, 26mm (wide), Dual Pixel PDAF
- 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30fps
- Dual video call, Auto-HDR
- Loudspeaker Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm jack
- – 32-bit/384kHz audio
– Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
– Dolby Atmos/AKG sound
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX
- GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- FM radio (USA & Canada only)
- USB 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Fingerprint (under display)
- Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate, SpO2
- – ANT+
– Bixby natural language commands and dictation
– Samsung DeX (desktop experience support)
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3400 mAh battery
- -Fast battery charging 15W
-Fast wireless charging 15W
-Power bank/Reverse wireless charging 9W
- Prism White, Prism Black, Prism Green, Prism Blue, Canary Yellow, Flamingo Pink
Design and build
The Galaxy S10 is the result of ten years of pioneering mobile first. It introduces the next generation of mobile innovation. It goes beyond the bezels introducing a cinematic experience for an interrupted smartphone viewing experience. On it are probably the slimmest side bezels ever on any smartphone with a hole punch on the top left corner that the selfie camera sits in.
On the back you will see a bar that houses is camera lenses, three of them in horizontal orientation. You will also notice Samsung branding on the very back. The 3.5mm jack makes a come back here and this will make people very happy. As a result you get Samsung earphones in the package it comes in. Galaxy S10 has IP68 rating for water and dust resistance for up to a 30 minutes in either, or both.
Samsung’s next generation display begins with the Galaxy S10. I cannot speak highly enough of the efforts that went around the engineering of this 6.1 inches display it has. Its Dynamic AMOLED screen produces the only HDR 10+ viewing experience on a smartphone that reduces even the brightest of blues to ensure your eyes are not affected by it. As already mentioned the S10’s display is where you will find its fingerprint scanner that when you unlock your phone with you will be greeted by Samsung’s very own One UI. Protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 6 it is built to survive scratches and sometimes hard knock on(s).
I must also mention that is has 1440 x 3040 pixels resolution with 550ppi density.
The camera of any Galaxy S smartphone is and has always been a key selling point. With the S10 we get three next generation camera lenses and one on the front. Imaging dual video recording/call on both the primary and selfie camera, 4K video recording with video stabilization, 2x optical zoom, intelligence, ultra wide lens, HDR, panorama, auto focus and so much more all on one phone. When you imagine that, you imagine the Galaxy S10.
It comes with three lenses on the back. The first a 12 MP Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS- the other another 12 MP telephoto AF, OIS, 2x optical zoom lens and the third a 16MP ultra wide shooter. Each camera with its function as listed above.
Turn to the front facing camera which is an impressive 10MP lens. I love that it can record 4K videos; this is very rare and unheard of for a selfie camera.
Performance and memory
With Samsung it is always about choice. There is a choice for the chipset you would want (Exynos 9820 Octa (8 nm) or Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 (7 nm)). There is a choice for the CPU (Octa-core (2×2.7 GHz Mongoose M4 & 2×2.3 GHz Cortex-A75 & 4×1.9 GHz Cortex-A55 or Octa-core (1×2.8 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.4 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.7 GHz Kryo 485)) and there is a choice for the GPU as well where you can either rock a Mali-G76 MP12 or an Adreno 640.Now these may seem like so many versions but really they are only two and for each the features are listed respectively for Chipset, CPU and GPU.
I will speak for Snapdragon 855 because I am very familiar with Snapdragon. It is a powerhouse this chipset intended to handle the heavies of tasks and apps as if they were nothing. The same applies for the Exynos 9820 which is its equivalent, just that it is Samsung’s very own made. The performance of the Galaxy S10 is next level you best believe that.
With Galaxy S10 you get 128GB or 512 GB internal storage and both models run on 8 GB RAM. A Micro SD can be slotted in to expand internal storage up to 512 GB. And since this function uses the SIM 2 slot, only the dual SIM model will accommodate it.
There is something going on here. It comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 3400 mAh battery the S10 with Fast battery charging 15W, Fast wireless charging 15W and Power bank/Reverse wireless charging 9W that allows you to wirelessly charge other devices that support wireless charging by resting them on the back glass panel of the S10-cool.
It is hard to draw a pros and cons table for a smartphone of this nature. The s10 is one of those smartphones that you will mostly find fault in by preference. Like one would say the phone’s looks doesn’t suit their style or another may not love how loudly impressive the speakers of the S10 is. This is a smartphone you will mostly love for all that it has to offer.
The Samsung Galaxy S10 is a smartphone is highly recommend in whichever color you may decide to rock it in, Prism White, Prism Black, Prism Green, Prism Blue, Canary Yellow or Flamingo Pink.
Get the latest Samsung Smartphones in Kenya Here