Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite 128GB
Lately I am being more and more drawn towards loving Xiaomi smartphones. And though the name give to this new line was kind of strange, I still embrace Xiaomi because of the company’s impeccable history. Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite is a midrange smartphone of the higher bracket (or at least higher than CC9e) and in this article I shall share some useful before purchase information. But first take a look at its main features.
Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite Features
- GSM, CDMA, HSPA and LTE network technology
- Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- 6.39 inches, 100.2 cm2 (~85.8% screen-to-body ratio)
- 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~403 ppi density)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Android 9.0 (Pie); MIUI 10
- Qualcomm SDM710 Snapdragon 710 (10 nm) chipset
- Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 360 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 360 Silver) CPU
- Adreno 616
- 128 GB, 6 GB RAM (CC9mt only)
- microSD, up to 256 GB (uses shared SIM slot)
- Primary camera: 48 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/2″, 0.8µm, PDAF
8 MP, (ultrawide)
2 MP, depth sensor
- 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, 720p@960fps
- Selfie camera: 32 MP, f/2.0, 0.8µm
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- FM radio
- Infrared port
- USB 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Fingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Non-removable Li-Po 4030 mAh battery
- Fast battery charging 18W
- Colors: Black, Blue, White
Design and build
Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite has these dimensions: 156.8 x 74.5 x 8.7 mm and weighs about 179 grams.
Its build is glass with plastic frames. Careful now it is a slippery phone, especially when in your pocket. I believe there is a case provided in the package for you to rock it with- this mostly because its glossy back is a fingerprint magnet. Facing you is its display panel sandwiched between the dewdrop notch and bottom chin. There are speaker grills to each side the type C USB port. Back to the display, it has beneath it a fingerprint scanner to unlock your phone with- after you have set up of course. You will be guided how to go about the same.
Notice the triple camera lens on the back, with LED flash below them? Good. I will tell you more about those later. They are on the top right corner and in vertical orientation.
Display and camera
Oh, how you will love camera performance of Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite. First you will fall in love with its 32 MP, f/2.0, 0.8µm selfie shooter, then its 48 MP, f/1.8 wide angle primary camera, then even more the magic of accommodation worked by its 8 MP ultrawide lens and last, but not least the quality of depth sensing that final 2 MP lens ensures. Just, brilliant. With the main camera you can shoot 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, 720p@960fps- that’s 4K and with the selfie camera 1080p@30fps. HDR mode has been ensured for either.
There is Corning Gorilla Glass 5 to protect that Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite holds its head high for. Imagine interacting with your content on a 6.39 inches display panel with resolution as high as 1080 x 2340 pixels, and on an 85.8% screen-to-body ratio. I still feel compelled to inform you that 403 ppi density enhances clarity and sharpness of everything. Truly this experience can be nothing short of cinematic.
This is an Android smartphone running version 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10 theme.
All vital procedures are made possible by the Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 360 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 360 Silver) CPU on board and a Qualcomm SDM710 Snapdragon 710 (10 nm) chipset. Keep in mind that the all graphics are handled by its able Adreno 616 GPU. Snapdragon 710 is a powerful midrange chipset for those who understand- for them who don’t, you can take my word. Bette yet get you a Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite and judge its performance yourself. You will realize I was telling the truth. Kudos Xiaomi.
You will have a choice to make here. Either 64/128 GB with 6 GB RAM . Both internal storages can be expanded using a microSD, up to 256 GB (uses shared SIM slot).
Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite’s battery capacity is decent. It packs a non-removable Li-Po 4030 mAh battery. Fast battery charging 18W can be achieved on it using the provided charger.
Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite is a brilliant smartphone. I would even recommend it to myself- it is just so good. Choose a Black, Blue or White Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite today and get it for the best price at Phone Place Kenya.
Get the latest Xiaomi Smartphones in Kenya Here