Samsung Galaxy A20s Price and Kenya
The price of Samsung Galaxy A20s in Kenya is around 16,000 Shillings. Its features include 3GB of RAM, 6.5 inches display, Snapdragon 450, 8MP selfie camera and a long lasting 4000mAh battery. For a price of 16000 Kenya shillings Samsung Galaxy A20s surely is a great deal. A very subtle smartphone. Below is a list of its key features.
Key features of Samsung Galaxy A20s
- RAM: 3 GB
- Internal Storage: 32 GB
- Battery: 4000 mAh
- Main camera: 13MP + 8MP + 5MP
- Front camera: 8 MP
- Display: 6.5 inch
- Processor: Snapdragon 450
- Connectivity: Dual sim, 3G, 4G, VoLTE, Wi-Fi
- Colors: Black, Blue, Red, Green
- OS: Android 9.0
Design and build
Samsung’s design of Galaxy A smartphones has evolved since its inception. The result of which has seen notably the replacement of bezels and notches with the dew drop notch (from this point I am now describing A20s), a bottom bezel and a 6.5 inches display panel. On the back you will notice the LED flash that is to the right of the triple lens camera in vertical orientation.
There is a rear mounted fingerprint scanner with Samsung branding below it. The power button in one side of this phone and the volume rocker on the other. This phone has a plastic build, one that glows beautifully as you will see on the back panel.
Display and camera
Samsung Galaxy A20s has an IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen. This is a 16M colors display with support for multi touch. It is a decent display this, above average. It has a 720 x 1560 pixels resolution this 6.5-inch panel. I tell you this, you will surely enjoy watching movies, playing games and so on, on this 103.7 cm2 surface area. Can you imagine that much estate? Do not forget is ~81.9% screen-to-body ratio, 19.5:9 aspect ratio and ~264 ppi density.
Camera performance of this phone is something worth talking about, you will surely enjoy taking pics with it. Image processing is very decent (for its price) and the general photography scores fine. This is a phone with a primary camera comprising three lenses. There is that first (or main) 13MP which is a wide lens.
The next an 8MP ultrawide and lastly a 5MP depth sensor. Dear reader, you will appreciate the last lens. 1080p@30fps is the video recording capacity for the main camera and the selfie camera is an 8 MP, f/2.0 shooter. On board is an LED flash and panorama and HDR modes. Be on the know an LED flash in not a mode, rather, a light producing hardware to help improve low light photography.
A Qualcomm SDM450 Snapdragon 450 (14 nm) chipset is a budget chipset, and I am convinced it is because of it you get this phone at that affordable price. Along with it is an octa-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A53 CPU and an Adreno 506 GPU. Samsung Galaxy A20s runs Android 9.0 (Pie) with One UI skin.
Storage and memory
The two models of A20s you get to choose from are with respect to internal storage and memory. The one is 32GB 3GB RAM and the other 64GB 4GB RAM. It matters the one you choose let’s be honest since the latter performs much better than the former. Even then, both still allow room for internal storage expansion using a microSD and this up to 1 TB. As mentioned already, there is a dedicated slot for this.
Galaxy A20s’s battery should last you at least a day and a half of mixed usage. It will manage two days or so if you are a light user. It is a non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery that is charged with fast battery charging 15W.
A decent budget smartphone Samsung Galaxy A20s. If I must recommend (and this phone earns our recommendation) I’d say go for the 64GB with 4GB RAM model if you have that little extra to spend. All in all, it is a good budget smartphone option.
Full features list
- GSM, HSPA and LTE network technology
- Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- 6.5 inches, 103.7 cm2 (~81.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- 720 x 1560 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~264 ppi density)
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Qualcomm SDM450 Snapdragon 450 (14 nm) chipset
- Octa-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A53 CPU
- Adreno 506 GPU
- 32GB 3GB RAM, 64GB 4GB RAM
- microSD, up to 1 TB (dedicated slot)
- Primary camera 13MP + 8MP + 5MP
- 1080p@30fps video recording
- LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Selfie camera 8 MP, f/2.0
- 3.5mm jack
- – Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth 4.2, A2DP, LE
- GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- USB Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- FM Radio
- Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
- -Fast battery charging 15W
- Colors black, blue, red, green
Get the latest Samsung Smartphones in Kenya Here